- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with enterprise software development or operations.
- Experience with requirements for reliable, resilient software development, including testing, monitoring, alerting, SLO, and SLA driven issue turnaround.
- Experience working with enterprise General and Administrative or support organizations.
About the job
A line of code can be many things – an amazing feature, a beautiful UI, a transformative algorithm. The faster this line of code reaches millions of users, the sooner it impacts their lives. As a Software Engineer, Tools and Infrastructure, you will be at the heart of Google’s engineering process building software that empowers engineering teams to develop and deliver high quality products quickly. We are focused on solving the hardest, most interesting challenges of developing software at scale without sacrificing stability, quality, velocity or code health. We ensure Google’s success by partnering with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug and release software quickly. We impact thousands of Googlers and billions of users by increasing the pace of product development and ensuring our products are thoroughly tested. We are advocates for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing. Having access to all of Google’s platforms and vast compute resources provides a unique opportunity to grow as an engineer. We typically work in small, nimble teams that collaborate on common problems across products and focus areas. As a result, the exposure to this broad set of problems provides diverse technical challenges as well as accelerated career growth. The Real Estate and Workplace Systems (REWS) team at Google manages a massive portfolio of buildings that require considerable technology systems and services to keep them running safely and efficiently. At Corp Eng, we build world-leading business solutions that scale a more helpful Google for everyone. As Google’s IT organization, we provide end-to-end solutions for organizations across Google. With an inclusive mindset, we deliver the right tools, platforms, and experiences for all Googlers as they create more helpful products and services for everyone. In the simplest terms, we are Google for Googlers.
- Bring engineering, technological, and data risk management best practices to take on all technology systems and services that REWS uses.
- Migrate systems and services from REWS to the Corporate Engineering work environment.
- Address and reduce risk in Privacy, Security, and Insider Risks areas of the REWS tool and tech portfolio.
- Build scalable monitoring and alerting for all types of systems and services in the REWS tech portfolio.
- Identify tool consolidation and defragmentation opportunities to improve REWS tool customer satisfaction, and improve return on investment on resource expenditure on tools.
- Role: Software Engineer
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, ,
- About Company: Google